The Auburn sub-Branch of the Returned and Services League (RSL) encourages schools in our local area to commemorate ANZAC and to recognise the contribution of our defence forces to our nation’s history and identity.
The captains of Berala Public School at the unveiling of the school’s Anzac memorial
The Auburn sub-Branch offers the following to all schools in our local area:
• Resources for schools to develop remembrance ceremonies for Anzac Day and other commemorative occasions
• Teacher notes and resources for site studies of the many war memorials in our local area
• Encouragement for school groups to participate in educational programs at the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway at Rhodes
• Information on numerous school competitions (individual and group) on the theme of Anzac
• Information on several scholarships available to children and grandchildren of defence force personnel provided by institutions such as the Dept. of Veterans Affairs and the state branch of the RSL.
• Guidance for the erection of Anzac memorials in local schools
• Inservice excursions for teachers preparing site studies on local war memorials
• Updated guidance for travellers visiting Australia’s sacred places on the Western Front
Contact our Secretary, Chris Perrin, by email at email@example.com